eSIMs (digital SIMs) are becoming increasingly popular as they offer a number of advantages over traditional SIM cards. One of the main benefits is that they can be used while travelling. In fact, they’re probably one of the best travel companions to ever have for many people. In this article, we focus on how eSIM technology can be used to make travelling easier and more convenient.
eSIM Benefits for International Travelers
eSIMs are a digital type of SIM card that can be activated online using QR codes. They are becoming increasingly popular in the world of international travel. There are several advantages of using an eSIM when travelling for business, which include:
- No Need to Carry Multiple Physical SIM Cards – With an eSIM, people can store multiple digital SIM profiles on a single card, meaning they don’t need to carry around multiple physical SIM cards when travelling. This can be a huge advantage when travelling internationally for business, as it means users can have all of their SIM profiles in one place.
- Activate SIM Cards Remotely – It’s easy to activate digital SIM remotely using an eSIM, which means they can get online as soon as they land in a new country. This can be a considerable advantage when users are trying to get work done as soon as possible, as they won’t have to waste time looking for a local SIM card vendor.
- Easily Switch between SIM Cards – An eSIM allows anyone to easily switch between SIM cards, making it possible to have multiple active SIM cards at the same time. This can be a huge advantage when travelling internationally, as users can have one SIM card for data and another for voice calls.
- Save Money on Roaming Charges – We all know how roaming charges can become really expensive, especially if used consecutively. With an eSIM, however, travelers can save a lot of money by purchasing local data plans in advance. For those who travel a lot for business, this is a huge plus since they don’t have to worry about expensive roaming charges.
- Use a Phone as a Virtual SIM Card – An eSIM-enabled phone gives users the option to have a digital SIM card, which means they can have multiple wireless plans on a single device. This is a huge advantage for professionals since they can have one plan for personal usage and another for work or business.
- Stay Connected While Travelling – When travelling abroad, staying connected can be a problem, especially if they’re unfamiliar with local service providers. With an eSIM, staying connected while travelling is much easier. Users can keep their SIM cards active even when they’re out of the country. They can easily switch numbers or even providers as soon as they land at their destination.
eSIM can help travelers save money on international travel by providing a cheaper, digital and more convenient way to stay connected. With an eSIM, travelers can avoid the expensive roaming fees charged by traditional carriers, and can also enjoy the flexibility of being able to change digital SIM plans or cancel their service at any time.
Celitech is the world’s first digital-only cellular data platform designed to help travel-related companies offer international data eSIM service. It’s a simple yet powerful solution to help your company create new revenue streams and mobile engagement, while helping customers save a lot of money on data roaming charges. Reach out today to learn more about our cellular data platform.